Table of Contents
With Vacation Mode, you can take a break from managing your SBL shop without worrying. To turn on Vacation Mode:
- Sign in to ShopByLocals.com.
- Click the Your Account icon, then click Shop Manager.
- Click Settings.
- Click Options.
- Click the Vacation Mode tab.
- Change the setting to On.
- Fill in a temporary shop announcement and Message auto-reply.
- Click Save.
Vacation Mode lets you put your shop on hold for a period of time, and is helpful if:
- You’re temporarily unable to run your shop.
- An emergency keeps you from being able to manage your shop.
- You’re traveling or sick.
- You need a quick break to catch up on current orders.
You can set an auto-reply that will be sent in response to any messages you receive while on vacation.
- A notice will appear at the top of your shop page saying that you’re taking a short break. The Add to cart button will be grayed out.
- Your shop will still appear if someone searches for your exact shop name, but will not appear as an auto-suggestion in Search or other shopping tools.
- Your items won’t appear in Search.
- Other SBL members who visit your shop can sign up to be notified by email of your return.
- You’ll have access to your orders, cases, and Messages.
- You can issue refunds, cancel orders, and print SBL shipping labels.
When your shop is in Vacation Mode, you still need to uphold your commitments as a seller to your buyers. Fulfilling sold orders or participating in any open cases will still be required.
- You can make edits to current listings the same as you would when your shop is not on vacation.
- You can list new items and save them as drafts. You won’t be charged a listing fee until the listing is actually published once you return from vacation.
- If you have auto-renew turned on for listings in your shop, these listings set to auto-renew will continue to be charged a renewal fee when they expire.