What exactly is casein protein?
Casein protein comes from milk and is made up of amino acids that are the building blocks of protein. It can be difficult for active people to get enough protein from the regular diet, which is why One Casein® is ultra-filtered and contains 23 g of protein that is slowly absorbed by the body. An optimal way to ensure that the muscles never lack the protein that is always needed when training hard. It is especially effective just before bedtime to help your muscles repair themselves while you sleep.
Casein vs. whey Protein
Milk has two types of protein: casein and whey. Casein accounts for about 80% while whey makes up the remaining 20%. The most significant difference is that casein protein is absorbed slowly (longer than 8 hours!) while whey is absorbed quickly by the body. This is why combining One Casein® and One Whey® ensures that the muscles always have the protein they need to reach their true potential.
Mix one scoop (30 g) with 50-100 ml water, milk or your favorite beverage. Adjust the flavor intensity by adding more or less liquid. Ideal to take between meals or before sleeping.
Simply shake in a shaker and drink, or mix with frozen fruit and peanut butter in a blender. One Casein® is also a lovely companion to oatmeal, yoghurt or cereal milk.
Consume 2-3 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day by combining high-protein foods with supplements.
TIP: Combine the slow-release protein One Casein® with One Whey®, which is faster-acting. Have One Whey® at breakfast after an overnight fast for a quick boost in amino acid levels. Take One Casein® before going to bed and in between meals for optimal recovery.