Table of Contents
If you want to change or cancel your order you will need to log into your SBL account or create an account and raise your inquiry direct with the seller by clicking on the following link: https://www.shopbylocals.com/my-account/view-order/
It may not always be possible to cancel or change your order and the Seller will inform you if they have been able to do this. If they are not able to cancel or update your order, or if your order has already been delivered, then you will need to wait for the delivery and then return the items in line with our Returns & Refunds policy.
You have the right to return items up to the end of a period 14 calendar days after you take possession of the products (or in the case of a multiple order, the last part of the order) but please note that you would be responsible for the return postage costs.
It is not usually possible to change an order once the order has been placed. If the order has not yet been confirmed or shipped, you can contact the local seller to request and the seller will try to make the change. You can check the status of the said order under Your Account.
If this is not possible, because the order is already being shipped, then you will need to wait for the delivery and then return the items in line with our Returns & Refunds policy.
An order can be cancelled before being shipped. If you have already received a shipping confirmation e-mail for the order in question, please let us know about your wish to return your order, or a part of the order, within 14 days after it has been delivered to you. The price of the items will be refunded to you as soon as the Seller receives the products you return. For more information on returns, see Returns & Refunds.
If you want to cancel an order, you will need to log into your SBL account or create an account and raise your inquiry directly with the Seller by clicking on the following link: https://www.shopbylocals.com/my-account/view-order/
It is our aim to ensure that your orders are delivered to you in full and according to your specifications. However, should you receive an incomplete order, or goods different from the ones you ordered, or there is some other reason why you are not satisfied with the order, you may return the order to the Seller, or any products included in the order, and receive a full refund for the items.
Kindly ensure that goods are returned to the retailer, and NOT to ShopByLocals. We will not accept liability for any goods returned to any ShopByLocals office.
Certain goods purchased at SBL cannot be returned. The categories are:
- Deliveries of food and drinks or other items for regular household use, which are delivered physically to your address or place of work by a commercial carrier who regularly delivers goods in your area,
- Establishment or transfer of rights over real estate. This does not apply, however, to financial services or agreements concerned with renting real estate,
- Construction of a building,
- Agreements on rights of use of accommodation on a time-share basis etc.
- Agreements on package tours,
- Games, where payment is made to take part,
- Delivery of non-financial services, for which delivery has been completed, if you previously have accepted that the service shall begin, and that you thereby lose your right to cancel,
- Deliveries of goods which are made to your specifications or which are of a clearly personal nature,
- Deliveries of goods which may be assumed to be perishable or rapidly become time barred,
- Deliveries of sealed items which for health or hygienic reasons are not suitable to be returned, when the seal has been broken after delivery,
- Deliveries of goods which, because of their nature are mixed with other goods on delivery and cannot be separated out again,
- Deliveries of alcoholic beverages for which a price was fixed when the agreement was finalised, when delivery cannot be made until 30 days later, and the actual value is dependent on market fluctuations over which the trader has no control,
- Agreements on specific urgent repair or maintenance work at your address, which you have expressly asked for,
- Deliveries of sealed sound or visual recordings or computer software, if you have broken the seal,
- Deliveries of newspapers, periodicals or magazines, but not, however, if these are delivered as part of a subscription,
- Agreements entered into at a public auction,
- Agreements on accommodation, but not, however, for residential purposes; car hire, catering or leisure offers when the date or period has been agreed upon. (The last-mentioned may be courses, performances, rallies etc.)
- Delivery of digital content such as computer programs, apps, games, music, films etc.
- which are not delivered physically, e.g. on a CD or DVD, if you previously have accepted that implementation shall begin and that you thereby lose your right to cancel,
- Financial services under the Act on Mortgage-Credit Loans and Mortgage-Credit Bonds etc.
- Agreements on goods, securities or services whose prices depend on market fluctuations over which the trader has no control, when these fluctuations can occur in the cooling-off period.
If you are unsure if your goods can be returned please raise an inquiry by logging into your SBL Account.
Kindly take reasonable care of the goods whilst in your care. Any items returned must be in a resaleable condition. They must be unworn/unused with original tags attached and in original packaging. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the items are appropriately packaged to ensure they are not damaged in return transit.
If an order is returned which does not meet these requirements, your return may be refused and returned to you or a reduced refund may be given.
Notifying Seller of a Return
You have 14 days from receipt of your order to register your return. For this, we suggest that you contact the Seller of your order via your SBL account, using the instructions above.
Your good(s) must be returned to the Seller in accordance with their returns instructions, without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after notifying us of your cancellation.
If you wish to return an order, or some of the goods included in an order, please log into your SBL Account by clicking on the following link:
Kindly select the order you wish to return by clicking ‘enquire about order’ and select ‘I want to return my order’ from the drop down.
Your seller will send you specific instructions on how to ship the return package(s) back to them. Please do not ship the return parcel before you receive the instructions.
Shipping Products Back to Retailers
If you are returning goods to several Sellers, you should distribute the items
accordingly and send the products to those sellers who shipped them to you
We strongly suggest that you use registered mail (and insure any high-value
packages), since neither SBL nor the retailer take responsibility for
deliveries that are lost or damaged during return transportation.
Kindly ensure you retain a proof of postage receipt so in the unlikely event your
package goes missing, you will have proof you sent it.
You will be refunded within 14 days of the Seller receiving back the items. We will
notify you by e-mail once the goods reach the Seller and are accepted for
return. Where a Seller has offered to collect the goods, you will be refunded
within 14 days of cancelling your contract.
Unless a product(s) you wish to return arrived to you damaged or faulty, you are
responsible for the return transportation costs.
Providing you are returning all the goods from a specific Seller, we will refund the
standard delivery costs you paid for the original shipment. If you chose to pay
for a non-standard shipping, we will only refund the cost of our least
expensive, standard delivery.
Damaged or Faulty Goods
If you receive a damaged, broken, or defective item, please raise an inquiry with
the Seller including as much information about the damage as possible and
images/videos showing the problem.
You will generally be required to ship the damaged goods back to the Seller,
however, in some cases, the Seller will not require the item to be returned to
them. As soon as it reaches the Seller, they will send you a replacement item.
If the replacement can’t be made, or if you want to cancel the order, you will
be refunded in full.
You will also be reimbursed for reasonable returns postage costs for damaged or
faulty items. If the Seller is unable to give a returns label, you may be
instructed to return the damaged product back to the Seller, and upon providing
a copy of your returns postage receipt, reasonable returns postage costs will
be reimbursed to you.
If the outer packaging of your goods is clearly damaged on arrival, and you are
suspecting that the products are damaged as well, you can either reject the
delivery or accept the items and sign for them as damaged. In both instances,
please notify the Seller the soonest.
If you refuse to accept delivery of all or part of your order (where the goods or packaging do not appear to be damaged or defective) you may be responsible for the postage charges. Any fees and charges incurred by the Seller due to a parcel being refused may be deducted from your merchandise refund. The same will apply if the tracking states that shipment has been attempted and the goods is awaiting collection from a postal depot, and that item is not collected.
Unfortunately, we are not able to exchange goods. You would need to return the unwanted goods in line with our Returns process and then place a new order.
As soon as the Seller receives the return parcel and verifies that the returned goods comply with the instructions given above, you will receive an e-mail confirmation that your return has been accepted. Immediately after that SBL starts processing the refund for the products you’ve returned.
The original delivery costs you paid for the order delivery will not be refunded if you are returning all goods your ordered from a particular Seller. For instance, if you ordered 3 goods from seller X and 2 from seller Y and you now wish to return 3 products to Seller X, we will not refund the delivery costs you paid for the shipping of items you ordered from the Seller X. In case you are returning a part of your order, the original delivery costs are retained to cover seller’s shipping and handling costs.
Refunds will be issued to the same means of payment initially used to buy the items. For example, if you purchased using a credit card, the refund will be placed to your credit card. If you purchased via online bank transfer, the refund will be issued to your bank account. The availability of the funds on your credit card or bank account largely depends on how quickly your bank processes the refund procedure. It may take from 5 to 30 business days.