- Insert “Add to quote” button both in product detail page and on all the other archive pages where it appears
- Show or hide the “Add to quote” button only on specific products of the shop
- Show “Add to quote” button only to registered users, to users with a specific WordPress role or to all users
- Hide price on all products of your site
- Hide “Add to cart” button on all products of your site
- Request a quote also or only for “out of stock” products
- Customize the style and the colors of “Add to quote” button
- Choose the information to show for each product on the quote page and email
- Product image
- Product prices
- Product SKU
- Total amount of single products
- Total amount of all products
- Select the form used to send the quote request, choosing from:
- the included advanced default form
- Show “Add to quote” button only to guest users, only logged users or all users
- Show or hide “Accept” and “Reject” buttons in the quote email, in the PDF document and on the “My Account” page
- Send an automatic email with the quote proposal
- Receive an automatic email when user accepts or rejects the proposal
- Send an email to remind the customer that a quote is about to expire
- Requests tab for a complete overview of all quote requests
- Download the PDF with he quote from the “My Account” page
- Attach the PDF quote to the email sent to the user
- Edit user’s shipping and/or billing address when creating the quote
- Autocomplete feature to let returning customers find their data automatically filled in the quote request form
- Prevent the users from editing their addresses when accepting the quote
- Prevent the user from choosing a shipping method different from the one specified in the request at the checkout
- Show the list of products selected by user in sidebar
- Enable the creation and automatic sending of the quote with the amount calculated on the original prices of the products
- Set an expiration date for the quote proposal to expire automatically
- Enable the creation of the quote from admin side
- Set a specific payment method to pay for accepted quotes
- Receive an email with confirmation of quote request
- Receive an email with seller’s quote proposal
- “Pay now” option to pay without adding billing/shipping info
- Convert cart content into quote request on checkout page
- Check the list of quotes on “My Account” page
- Accept or reject seller’s proposal
- Leave feedback when rejecting a quote
- Download the PDF quote from “My Account” page
- Check all the quotes received before the registration to the site
The complete solution to empower your customers to ask for a custom quote for the products they are interested in.
Many shopkeepers sell goods or services for which a label with price is not enough.
For off-the-shelf or customized items, for which big quantities of the same product might be purchased, a buyer usually prefers to get in touch with the supplier to negotiate an ad hoc price solution. A quote request is a channel that allows that kind of negotiation, that otherwise is difficult to achieve in online shops.
One of the main issues of online shopping, that is, communicating and negotiating with potential customers, might be solved by simply using a quote request form.
It is also possible to hide the “Add to cart” buttons to encourage customers to get in touch with the suppliers: in this way you can hide prices for wholesale or retailers and provide competitive custom prices based on their needs. It is right here that the very negotiation occurs.
Choose WHERE to show the “Add to quote” button
You can choose to activate the “Add to quote button” on all your product pages or on specific products, categories or tags only.
Choose WHO will see the “Add to quote” button
Choose whether to show the “Add to quote” button to all your users or hide it to guest users (those who haven’t registered yet or who haven’t logged in). You can also enable the quote request option only for certain user roles of your choice.
Customize the button colors and texts
Choose whether to show a text link or a proper button and set up every detail related to the style, like the text, the position, or the colors, to make sure it totally suits your shop layout.
Hide the product price and the “Add to cart” buttons
Hide the price from all your products together with the Cart button if you want to enable the quote request option on the entire shop and make sure your users contact you to know about the product price. Just two clicks to transform your e-commerce store into a product catalog!
Let users monitor their list of products through the built-in widgets
Use the widget in the header or sidebar so your users can always keep an eye on them and quickly access their list of products.
Customize the quote request page
Set up the layout for your quote request page (show the form on the right or the bottom) and choose which details to show in the list of products. Use the shortcode on a page that you can customize as you wish, for example, with a custom image in the header or with some additional text content.
Use and customize the built-in form
Use a form created with Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7, WP Forms or Ninja Forms
Monitor quote requests from the table available and download them as a CSV file
You can track all quote requests and their different status. From the same page, you will also be able to filter requests by status, customer, or date and download information as a CSV file.
Create a quote manually and send it to the customer who will not have to fill out the form
Enable the automatic quote option to send out the default product prices
Choose whether to enable the automatic generation of orders with the status “New quote request” for all requests submitted
Generate, send and monitor your quotes right from the admin panel
From the backend you can fully monitor and manage the entire quotation process: quote requests are saved in the Orders list and to send the quote you just have to open the order, set up some options and click on the button to send it. It’s just a matter of a few seconds and a few clicks.
Edit the product prices and add shipping fees, extra costs or coupon codes to the quote
Before sending the quote, you can edit the product prices (by lowering them a bit to offer a discount), add shipping fees or some extra cost and apply a discount code to the quote (for example a 10% off for a customer who regularly buys from you or who is making the first order).
Leverage the urgency principle and set up a deadline for the quote
Create a tailor-made offer that your user cannot reject and leverage the scarcity and urgency principles by setting an expiration date for the quote. If the discounted price is only available for a limited time, the customer will be more likely to accept it and finalize the purchase as soon as possible so as to not miss out on it.
Generate a PDF version of the quote that will be both attached to the email and available for download in My Account area
Enable the generation of a PDF copy of the quote and choose to attach it to the quote email and if making it available for download in My Account area.
Customize the details and design of the PDF quote
Upload your site logo and add some custom texts to personalize the PDF quote based on your needs.
Allow customers to monitor their quote requests right from My Account page
Thanks to the “Quotes” section in My Account page, users will be able to monitor the status of their quote requests, download the PDF version of the quote (if enabled) and view the details of every quote request.
Enable the option to “Accept | Reject” the quote
Let your customers accept or reject the quote offer by simply clicking on the link in the email or in the PDF quote.
If the quote is accepted, redirect the user right to the checkout page
Once the quote is accepted, the customer will be redirected to the checkout page to finalize the purchase at the agreed price.
Enable the “Ask for a quote” button on the checkout page
Enable this option to convert your customer’s cart into a quote request.